Our Kindergarten intakes are in September and April and our next intake will be September 2023.
Families registered on our waiting list are offered places first, with priority given to those requesting a place for 2 days or more per week and those who live within walking distance to our woodland.
Bee in the Woods has two intakes a year; our main intake is in September, with an additional intake in April. From time to time places may become available mid-term, when for example, a family moves away from the area. Mid-term places are offered to the next eligible family on our waiting list. Families registered on our waiting list are offered places first, with priority given to those who live in close proximity to Bee in the Woods and those requesting a place for 2 days or more per week.
We understand that we offer something unique and have found demand very high. We do our best to accommodate everyone and we allocate places on a first-come, first-served basis.
However priority will be given to:
* Children on our waiting list
* Children already attending the setting and requiring additional hours
* Siblings of children already attending
* Children booked in for two days or more
* Proximity to Bee in the Woods
* Children of employees
* Social Service referrals
We ask for a non-refundable enrolment fee of £100. Included in this fee is a high-quality Didricksons all-weather suit with dungarees and jacket and our enrolment processing fee.
It is very important that all children in our care are warm and comfortable, particularly on days when the weather isn't at its best. We have tried and tested many brands, but swear by Scandinavian Didricksons for durability, flexibility and strength.
Sessions are available Monday (Beach School), Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays as FULL DAYS ONLY.
We recommend a minimum attendance of 2 days per week. Full Day 9.30am-3.30pm – Fees include healthy vegetarian snacks, drinks, enrichment activities delivered by qualified teachers & Forest School practitioners, and trips to the beach, farms, museums, libraries etc..
* Non-Funded Fee - £51 for 6 hour session (38 weeks a year/term-time only)
* Part-Funded Space - (EYFE Funding for 5 hours a day/38 weeks a year) - £22 a day
* Fully-Funded Space - 9.30am-3.30pm. (A limited number of completely free spaces available for low income families using universal & extended funding) - £0
* Early Bird Breakfast (optional) 8.30-9.30am - Join us early. Healthy breakfast provided. Fee - £8.50
* Bee Wild Holiday Club Tues -Fri (Every school holiday (closed Christmas week and first week of summer holidays)) 9.30am-3pm Fee - £42 per day
* Forest Bee Homeschool Groups - Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays. Ages 5-8. Fee - £55 per full day
All 3-5-year-old children are able to access 570 hours of entitlement hours funded by the Government from the term after their third birthday.
This funding can be applied across the school terms (38 weeks per year). We offer the 15 funded universal hours funded by the Government as part of our day, applied over 38 weeks. We have a limited number of extended entitlement (30-hour) spaces available. Families living within walking distance to our Kindergarten will be given priority for these spaces and they will be allocated on a first-come/first-served basis.
We apply a charge for the additional hours outside of the funded hours.
Your Universal 15 hour entitlement can be used for 5 hours a day, up to 3 days a week. The government rate that is paid to settings does not cover the cost of high-quality teaching and experiences we offer that make our setting unique! In order for us to provide this high-quality service, Bee in the Woods have an ‘extras’ charge for the additional services provided that are not covered by the Government Entitlement Funding (see below). To cover these additional services we have an ‘extras’ charge of £2.70 per hour (for 5 funded hours per day) that will be included on invoices for sessions which include some funded hours.
Non-funded hours during these sessions will be charged at £8.50 per hour. Therefore, if you are entitled to EYFE, your child has the opportunity to attend this unique and magical educational setting for £22 per day.
Bee in the Woods have an ‘extras’ charge for the additional services provided that are not covered by the Government Funding Entitlement (see below).
To cover these additional services we have an ‘extras’ charge of £2.70 per hour (for 5 funded hours per day) that will be included on invoices for sessions which include some funded hours.
Our extras include:
* Weekly Yoga and Music sessions
* Weekly Beach School
* Trips out into the local community including transport
* Allotment gardening sessions
* Vegetarian snacks and treats on the campfire
* Kindergarten social events – summer family picnic and festive Christmas gathering (both lots of fun)
* A buzzing parent community and opportunities to get involved with woodland/gardening projects.
You can use tax-free childcare and childcare vouchers to pay for kindergarten fees and holiday clubs at Bee in the Woods. Just chat to us about providers.
Bee in the Woods are registered with Tax-Free Childcare, an online government service to help working parents with the cost of their childcare. For every £8 a parent pays into their childcare account, HMRC will pay an extra £2, up to a maximum of £2,000 every year for each child. Parents are then able to pay Bee in the Woods for childcare directly from their childcare accounts. Please visit http://www.childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk for further details.
We have a limited number of fully-funded spaces available to families who live within walking distance and families on a low income.
If you live within walking distance to a Bee in the Woods setting, or your child was previously registered for funding for two-year-olds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
We ask all families for one month's notice to change days, extend or reduce hours or when leaving our Kindergarten.